“Go and make disciples of all nations…” – Matthew 28:19a

MFBC Members are involved in Missions

Our involvement consists in Going and Giving..

McCormick First Baptist Church strives to fulfill the Great Commission. We want to get outside of the walls of the church to impact our community and the world for Jesus Christ.

We participate in missions in the following ways.

  1. Bring many unchurched children and youth to our campus every week for Bible study through a strong bus ministry.
  2. Send many volunteers to support Good News Clubs in our local school
  3. Go door to door in our community to evangelize four times per year
  4. Send mission teams annually to serve in West Virginia.
  5. Pray for missionaries, lost people, our mission efforts, and for God to send workers out into His harvest field.

McCormick First Baptist Church gives regularly to the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention. We also support the International Mission Board through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, the North American Mission Board via the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering, and the South Carolina Baptist Convention through the Janie Chapman offering. We also augment the support of individual missionaries.

The Cooperative Program is Southern Baptists’ unified plan of giving through which cooperating Southern Baptist churches give a percentage of their un-designated receipts in support of their respective state convention and the Southern Baptist Convention missions and ministries.

The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering® was established in 1888 to empower the international missions efforts for Southern Baptists.

Each year, we honor the life and advocacy of Annie Walker Armstrong (1850-1938) when we give to the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering® for North American missions. Every penny given to the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering directly funds missionaries serving in the United States, Canada, and their territories.

The Janie Chapman State Missions offering supports mission projects that are selected annually. Although the name was adopted in 1937, the giving program actually began in 1884.