1. Everyone needs to forgive.
- One of the greatest hindrances to spiritual growth is to refuse to forgive.
a. you may need to forgive others.
- We need to forgive our enemies.
- Don't wait until you are on your deathbed to forgive the people you hold grudges against.
- Don't wait for people to earn their forgiveness.
b. You may need to forgive yourself.
- Some seem to beat themselves up over and over again because of their mistakes.
2. Christians must not withhold forgiveness.
- Matthew 18:21-22
- Every time someone hurts you, you are to forgive them again.
- We must forgive those who hurt us to avoid hate collecting in our hearts.
- If we want to have fellowship with God, we must forgive.
- If we withhold forgiveness, we will harm ourselves the most