- Lot made a decision that resulted in continuing consequences. Let's examine his decision.
1. The selfishness of his decision.
- Lot had become motivated by a spirit of worldliness and a desire to advance himself materially.
- If Lot had not been controlled by selfishness, he would have insisted that Abram, his elder in years, have the privilege of the first choice.
- Selfishness will eat away real happiness.
- Selfishness will eventually lead you down a destructive path.
2. The wrong direction of his decision.
- Genesis 19:1
- Lot's companionship with sinners had neutralized his witness for the Lord.
3. The results of his decisions.
- A man can conduct himself in such a way that he loses the respect of his associates and his family.
a) He lost his influence.
- Genesis 19:14
b) He lost his wife.
- Genesis 19:17
- Genesis 19:26
c) He lost his dignity.
- Lot's daughters had lost all respect for their father and even for themselves.