Keys To Lighting Our World
We may light our world when we realize,
1. The lost need our love.
- Jesus' love for Matthew was evident. Matthew left everything because of it.
- Jesus knows that the lost need our love, and we should know that our lost neighbors need our love.
- Jesus has always had a great concern for the lost, because He knows they are headed for destruction. As His followers, we should share His concern.
2. Friends need our fellowship.
- Matthew was a new believer. He didn't know much theology, but he had a desire for his friends to know the new life he knew.
- Matthew was one friend who had made a great discovery wanting to share that discovery with other friends.
3. Critics need our courage.
- God doesn't need religious people. God needs spiritual people, who share the concern of Jesus' heart. And the heart of Jesus, more than anything else, is to get sinners saved.
- Jesus came first and foremost to save sinners.
- Courage in evangelism is a must, even in the face of stiff opposition from persons who might object to new convert who are socially, financially, or ethnically different.