Parable Of The Talents
Perhaps this parable teaches many lessons, but I want us to consider some that seem obvious.
1. God gives us all talents and expects us to use them in His service.
- When we think of talents, we think of unique gifts God has given us to serve Him.
- No matter how many talents we have, we are all equal in the eyes of God.
- God has given us all talents that He expects us to use in His service until He returns.
2. Faithful servants will be rewarded.
- The issue is not how many talents we have, but how we use the talents we have.
- The reward the master promised these two servants was based on faithfulness, not ability.
- Colossians 3:23
3. Those who fail to use the gifts God gives them for His service, will be punished.
- To refuse to serve reveals a lack of love and little desire to accomplish anything for the Master.
- Like the wicked and lazy servant, the person who has no heart for the work of the Kingdom will be punished.