Steps to Saving Faith
For an individual to experience saving faith there are a number of identifiable steps involved. We are able to recognize these steps clearly illustrated in the miracle of Bartimeus receiving his sight.
1. Step One - He recognized his need.
- Spiritual blindness is a more tragic condition than physical blindness.
- Romans 3:23
- People who let hate, greed, selfishness, or just plan indifference blind their hearts of their desperate lost condition are to be pitted more than any others.
2. Step Two - The awakening of his belief in Jesus and his desire for Him.
- Only Jesus can carry us out of the pit of our lost condition. He is the only savior, the only hope, and the only one who provides salvation.
- John 14:6
3. Step Three - He asked Jesus for help.
- Matthew 21:22
- Don't let anyone hinder you from calling on the Lord to save you.
4. Step Four - The Lord heard his request.
- When we sincerely ask and pray, the Lord hears our prayers.
5. Step Five - He discards what hinders him from coming to Jesus.
- As long as there is something you are unwilling to give up, you cannot have; you cannot know the power of the savior in your life.
6. Step Six - He got what he needed.